Algorithms have become a major efficiency driver for outbound transport optimization in the ready-mix concrete industry. But many RMC producers still lose traction when it comes to manage and optimize their inbound aggregates supplies. Companies either operate their own quarries, rely on third-party quarries, or have a mix of both in place. The same applies to the actual deliveries. Many operate a mixed fleet of their own tipper trucks and hired hauliers or have subcontracted all deliveries to third parties. Finding the optimal sourcing/transportation cost balance to replenish RMC plants and/or depots without compromising service levels can be challenging.
In this Logistics Tech Short we’ll explore how latest algorithms help RMC producers with a larger network of batching plants and quarries to further improve their bottom-line.
- Why traditional spreadsheet tools are not enough to solve the sourcing problem
- The basic technology behind the latest planning tools powered by algorithms
- How to implement an optimized aggregates sourcing strategy that will keep things running
- Proven best practices from our industry
- How to progressively reduce your sourcing costs by 5% or more.
Logistics Tech Shorts - a series of 20-minute webinars on optimization technology in the logistics industry. Designed to stimulate and challenge your thinking on how technology impacts logistics in the modern age, Logistic Tech Shorts deliver a blend of big picture thinking with practical ideas you can apply today.
To watch the recording of this webinar, please fill in the form below.