From cement bags to drainage coils, from a heavy concrete manhole to a small pack of screws, and from hardwood to drywall – Less Than Truckload (LTL) planning in the building materials industry is a tough challenge. Whether you’re a wholesale distributor or a materials producer, being able to take fast turns in transport planning can mean the difference between winning or losing the daily race against the clock. And only on-time and in-full deliveries will be rewarded with applause by construction site managers.
In this Logistics Tech Short we’ll explore how latest algorithms help dispatchers in the building materials industry to optimize their load and tour planning.
- Why traditional spreadsheet tools are not enough to solve the LTL problem.
- The basic technology behind the latest planning tools powered by algorithms.
- How to cut down the number of trucks, trips, and travel distance by 30 to 50%.
- Proven best practices from our industry.
- How to implement an optimized LTL strategy that will keep things running.
Logistics Tech Shorts - a series of 20-minute webinars on optimization technology in the logistics industry. Designed to stimulate and challenge your thinking on how technology impacts logistics in the modern age, Logistic Tech Shorts deliver a blend of big picture thinking with practical ideas you can apply today.
Recordings of previous Logistics Tech Shorts can be found here:
To watch the recording of this webinar, please fill in the form below.