RTP - Green but Not Sustainable? Webinar
Whether they’re made of plastic, wood, or metal - Returnable Transport Packaging (RTPs) are an integral part of many supply chains and industries, including food and automotive. Compared to traditional single-trip packaging, RTPs often provide significant long-term savings and have a positive impact on your environmental footprint. However, with raised awareness for sustainability and stricter regulations, the road to net-zero carbon emissions in the pooling cycle requires more efforts than just buying software to manage and control your assets.
In this Logistics Tech Short we’ll explore what operators of a larger RTP pool can to do reduce costs and carbon footprint along their pooling cycle.
- More about the complexity of sustainable asset pooling.
- Why a traditional “security of supply” mindset is bad for the environment.
- The scale of impact that individual decisions have on your pooling performance.
- What algorithms can do to optimize the planning quality and environmental performance of your pooled assets.
- How to improve the financial and environmental bottom line of your pooling strategy.
Logistics Tech Shorts - a series of 20-minute webinars on optimization technology in the logistics industry. Designed to stimulate and challenge your thinking on how technology impacts logistics in the modern age, Logistic Tech Shorts deliver a blend of big picture thinking with practical ideas you can apply today.
Recordings of previous Logistics Tech Shorts can be found here.